Link2SD is an application manager that makes it easy for Android 2.0+ users to move applications to the SD card, to clean all cache files of the apps. It enables you to manage your apps and storage easily.
It also provides native app to SD (app2sd) features on Android 2.2 and higher. It can move any non-protected user apps to SD card (force move), with batch moving capability.
That feature uses Android's standard SD-card installation feature and does not require a second partition.
Cache cleaner function clears all your cache and free up space with a single tap. Also cache cleaner widget displays total cache size and enables "one tap cache cleaning" without opening the app.Features:
- Create and remove link for apk, dex and lib files of the applications
- Plus version also links private data files of the apps
- Automatically link newly installed apps (optional)
- Move any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD (a.k.a. "force move", for Android 2.2 and higher)
- Shows the apps that support moving to SD with native apps2sd
- Set the default install location of the apps; auto, internal, or external (for Android 2.2 and higher)
- Batch link, unlink, reinstall, uninstall, "move to SD", "move to phone" functions (multi-select mode)
- Uninstall system applications (bloatware removal)
- Freeze and un-freeze system and users applications
- Convert system apps into user apps
- Convert user apps into system apps
- Integrate "Updated" system apps into system (ROM)
- Clear data and cache of the application
- Clear all apps cache at once (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
- Clear cache widget (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
- Notify if total cache size exceeds specified size
- List applications, show detailed size information and link status
- Wide variety of options to sort and filter apps
- Search applications by name
- Display available space information of internal storage, SD card and SD card 2nd partition
- Links internal data directory of the apps to SD card
- Links dex files of the system apps to SD card
- Exclusion list for "clear all app cache" function
What you need for linking applications:
How it works:
- a second partition on your SD card. You should have two partitions on SD card and both should be primary.
The first FAT partition is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used for application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4, f2fs or FAT.
You need to use a non-FAT file system (ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs) on your second partition in order to link app's private data files. Because the FAT file system (FAT16, FAT32 or exFAT) does not support UNIX file ownership or permissions and will cause a security breakdown of app's private files. Link2SD Plus can move app's private data files if you have a non-FAT partition.
Link2SD does not create the second partition, you need to create it yourself. You can use any partition manager such as Minitool, Paragon, Easeus etc. for this.
Link2SD mounts the second partition of your SD card as /data/sdext2 and makes OS mounts it at boot time.
When you select an application and press "Create Link" button you can select which files of the application will be linked and moved to SD card. Apk, dex and lib files can be moved and you can select all three or any two of three or even only one of them.
Depending on what you select, Link2SD moves apk file, dalvik-cache (.dex) file and lib files (.so) to SD card's second partition and creates symbolic links in original directories.Note: On Android 1.6 and 2.1, shortcut and the widget of the app should be re-added to homescreen if you move the apk file.Can I remove the links and put application files back to phone?
Yes, just click on application that is linked and press "Remove Link" button. You can select which files of the application will be unlinked and moved back to internal storage.
Then, Link2SD removes the symbolic links and moves the files you selected to original directories.What happens if I uninstall or update a linked application?
If you uninstall a linked application apk, dex and lib files will be automatically deleted from the SD card by Link2SD.
If you update a linked application new apk, dex and lib files will be placed in the internal memory at first and then they will be automatically relinked by Link2SD in the background.
You don't have to manually relink after updating applications.
Note: Since the app is linked again, On Android 1.6 and 2.1, shortcut and the widget of the app should be re-added to homescreen if the apk file is linked
When you connect your phone to PC as mass storage, Android unmounts FAT partition but the second partition remains mounted. Therefore linked applications are not affected and can be run without problems.
Link2SD is avaliable in the following languages:
English, Turkish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, French, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Serbian, Indonesian, Dutch, Vietnamese, Greek, Slovenian, Basque, Macedonian, Catalan, Persian, Croatian, Danish, Albanian, Georgian, Afrikaans, Hindi, Swedish, Armenian, Tagalog, Romanian, Lithuanian.
If you want to help translating Link2SD into other languages please send me an email.
DISCLAIMER: It is made available for use at your own risk with no warranty of any kind.